Nancy Pelosi, it is time for you to go, you weak whimpering feckless piece of antiquity. Here you are on Trump: It’s the fault of the press, not of a Democratic party that couldn’t organize its own memorial service.
From an interview with Politico:
"What of Hollywood’s role in making Donald Trump a reality TV star? Do you blame the industry for the current state of U.S. politics as it relates to Trump?”
“Well, let me say I’ve never seen his reality show, so I don’t know if it was any good or what. I do think that he was assisted by the communications industry, not just Hollywood, but the press as well, because all they do is enable him, and that is really a sad thing. “I’ve said to many of my friends in the press, ‘You’re accomplices, whether you want to be or not,’ [and they say,] ‘If he’s saying it, then it’s news.’ I don’t think it’s news, but it monopolizes the airwaves. So there is a lot of responsibility to go around in terms of the creation of whatever that is in the White House.
“But he has a tactic, one that is used by autocrats, which is, ‘Just as long as they’re talking about me, no matter if it’s bad, then you’re not talking about my opponent.’ When [the press was] talking about him, they weren’t saying what Hillary was going to do about health care, to make our economy fair.”
As Col. Potter would have said, “Horse hockey!”
A couple of points, old lady:
1) Anything a president says is news. Period. Because if it isn’t, you and your Democratic minions would have no idea a) what is going on or b) what you can complain about.
2) The press, by reporting what he says, should be an agent for change, but most people don’t want to act on the facts so why don’t you just say what you mean – “the public is too stupid and hateful to do the right thing.”
3) The press WAS reporting what Hillary (oh only a woman can demean her by using her first name?) said on health care. But nobody fucking cared!!! And I dare anyone now to state succinctly what her plan WAS. Even if you can, what was and is needed is a short nasty memorable slogan and the gumption to fight dirty. Michelle Obama was dead wrong about “going higher.”
4) By declaring that the press didn’t explain what Clinton was doing “to make our economy fair,” you load the issue with the false trope of fairness. That was Clinton’s job, not that of the press!
5) You handed Trump a campaign victory by agreeing to a trade deal, which, whether good for the country or not, will give him an accomplishment that will further energize his base and peel off Democrats.
I know people will say “look at what she did for women in politics, in regaining a House majority, and standing up to Trump.” All that is old-school machine politics at best, and at worst gaining power only for the purpose of exercising it, not for any larger vision. She has now cravenly adopted the autocrat’s real mantra: Blame the messenger.