Saturday, March 06, 2010

I'm baaaack!

After a 100-day hiatus, I am resurrecting the blog. I mean Twitter and Facebook may reach more people, but it’s hard for me to expound in verbiage THAT limited in range. Besides, I don’t think I will be as provocative as before, now that I work for the government. But that’s only because I am too tired.

I work long hours and I have started working out either at 7 a.m. or 6 p.m. in the fitness center in my building. And all that does sap the strength, if not the spirit.

It also means I don’t have time, except maybe 30 minutes at lunch, to read the morning paper. Ironically, the morning paper here, generally considered one of the better ones in the history of journalism, is too thin to spend time on but at the same time so irrelevant I don’t feel bad anymore when I realize I missed reading it on a given day.

What news I get is in snippets when I open my personal email during the day and headlines pop up, or on MSNBC in the evenings.

I keep forgetting that at this job, I have access on my computer screen to C-SPAN 1 and 2, CNN, Fox and MSNBC. Had I been watching this afternoon, I would have been startled to see Jonathan being interviewed by Andrea Mitchell, who slipped up momentarily and call him by my name!(If I could figure it out, a a short clip of the event would go here.)

Speaking of the news business, an old colleague has a book coming out that got an interesting write-up recently in said newspaper. It is further evidence of the wisdom of the editor who once told me that to sell any story it must have at least one of these five elements: Children, animals, sex, Kennedy or Nixon.
Congrats, Don Fulsom.



No comments:

Post a Comment