Friday, September 14, 2007

Two Updates -- on Hos and Chickenshits

I pride myself on fairness and intuition. I also pride myself on being right, and what better place than one's own blog to crow.

Last month, I excoriated Rutgers University women's basketball player Kia Vaughn for resurrecting the Don Imus controversy by suing him and thus injecting the ugly phrase "nappy headed hos" back into public discussion.

Now she has withdrawn the suit, and good for her. She is no longer a ho. Her statement said she wants to get on with her studies as a journalism major. Good thinking Ms. Vaughn. It might be hard to get a job in journalism after suing someone for exercising his constitutionally protected right to comment negatively about a public figure.

The other day, I went ballistic against Gen. David Betraeus, and I thought maybe I had gone too far.

Nope. We find out today that his real boss -- not Kaiser Bush but Central Command chief Adm. William Fallon -- met with him last March when Petraeus was given the public relations job of bolstering Bush's war and told him to his face that he, Petraeus, is "an ass-kissing little chickenshit" for defending the indefensible.

Every other senior military leader who has expressed honest reservations about the Iraq mission has been fired. Let's see how long it takes Fallon to realize he wants to "spend more time with my family."

No comments:

Post a Comment